The Provost Scholars Program recognizes and rewards talented, incoming Ole Miss students for their academic performance.
Benefits of the Provost Scholars Program
- Provost Scholars receive priority registration before most of the other students on campus. This benefit (which begins in the fall for spring courses) will help to ensure that Provost Scholars are able to enroll in the courses that they need to complete their degree in a timely fashion. Enrollment in fall courses takes place at orientation. Provost Scholars should attend any orientation session that has available seats.
- Provost Scholars move to campus in time to participate in a Provost Scholars Seminar prior to the beginning of classes. This benefit facilitates a smooth transition to the college environment and sets the tone for the student’s college career.
- Provost Scholars have opportunities to attend meet-and-greet sessions with other Provost Scholars, deans, faculty, and the Provost. In past years, we have hosted Ice Cream Socials, a Museum Mingle, and Meet-the-Provost sessions. There will be a Museum Mingle the night before the seminar.
- Provost Scholars may attend Provost Scholar Seminars/workshops (e.g., public speaking, writing for exams) that are designed to facilitate success.
- Provost Scholars are eligible to apply to the Sally McDonnell Barksdale Honors College in their junior year, as long as they have a 3.5 GPA at that time.
Provost Scholars must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and continuous enrollment to remain in the program. Cumulative GPA is assessed each year at the conclusion of the August intersession.
Accepting an invitation to become a Provost Scholar
To accept or decline an invitation, follow these steps:
Provost Scholar Program Student Profile
Number of Provost Scholars: 818
Average HS GPA: 3.84
Average ACT Score: 28.7
Number of Provost Scholars: 861
Average HS GPA: 3.79
Average ACT Score: 28.6
Number of Provost Scholars: 838
Average HS GPA: 3.80
Average ACT Score: 28.4
Number of Provost Scholars: 725
Average HS GPA: 3.77
Average ACT Score: 28.3
Number of Provost Scholars: 638
Average HS GPA: 3.78
Average ACT Score: 28.1
Number of Provost Scholars: 581
Average HS GPA: 3.76
Average ACT Score: 28.0
Number of Provost Scholars: 583
Average HS GPA: 3.75
Average ACT Score: 28.1
Number of Provost Scholars: 394
Average HS GPA: 3.70
Average ACT Score: 28.2